Get a tan and get active at Carolina Beach State Park!
Carolina Beach State Park offers so many options within its one 750 acres. If you visit Carolina Beach, lazing on the sand is just one of many laid-back activities you can indulge in. Take a day or two out of your vacation to spend time in this beautiful state park. With so many things to do other than get a tan, you will have a full and relaxing visit to Carolina Beach. Here are some of our favorite things to do :
- Fish at the marina. North Carolina State Parks have a wide array of bodies of water, all ranging from freshwater and saltwater. Catfish, crappie, trout, perch and flounder can all be found in abundance in the many lakes, estuaries and rivers.
- Camp out! Smell the pine and oaks in the 83 tree covered camp sites. Camp at a site with a grill and picnic table or opt for a family camper cabin which can sleep up to 6.
- Hike the trails. Explore the seven miles of pretty trails throughout the state park, or sign up for a guided hike with a park ranger to learn more about the different habitats that exist at the park, including the natural Venus flytrap. All the trails are three miles or less and an easy level, perfect for a leisurely stroll.
- Paddle-board & kayak. Paddle boarding is a fun water sport that you can take at your own pace and still get a great workout in while having a lot of fun. Kayak along with the current and see the park from the water.
- Bird watch. The park is home to a thriving habitat of local birds like the brown pelican. Listen and look for the warblers, yellowthroats, woodpeckers, and finches in the woods. Keep an eye out for the ospreys around Snow’s Cut.